Is TMS Right For Me?
TMS therapy is a non-invasive, non-drug, FDA-cleared treatment for individuals diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) who have failed to receive satisfactory improvement from 1 prior anti-depressant medication. However, to be covered by insurance, most companies require that a patient has failed to achieve satisfactory improvement from at least 3 or 4 prior anti-depressant medications.
To determine if TMS is right for you, please answer the following questions. If you answer “yes” to two or more questions, then TMS therapy may help you:
- Are you on more than one anti-depressant medication?
- Is your current medication failing to provide adequate benefit for your depression?
- Do the side effects from your medication outweigh the benefit?
- Has depression increased your doctor visits for other healthcare conditions?
- Is depression affecting your ability to make a living?
- Does depression still have too much control over your life?